Isolation

Lonely.  Not in the physical.  But in the mental.  Isolation.  The isolation of the mind.  These are all things Ive been dealing with lately.  I never stop reading and trying to understand.  By default my zodiac sign kind of explains it but even then that to me does not suffice.  How can I feel like my mind is so isolated?  How come when I explain something people get it but they respond like these thoughts are exclusive to people like me.  Well...where the hell are all the people like me.  I spoke to a close friend this morning and we could always go back and forth because her mind is also enlightened and open.  I think this could be the real issue.  Our culture as Black Americans and our society as Americans in whole, we are trained to not question; to not think outside the box; to be dependent on something or someone.

I pro-actively do not let my brain take in useless or rather THOUGHTLESS information meaning people who say stuff but do not have any information or prerequisite to those thoughts or feelings.  The people who state facts without proof. You kind of just sound like an asshole.  I also do not mimic.  Mimicking  is imitating someone else's thoughts or words.  With the wave of social media and the innovative way in which media is now shared and covered it is much easier to get caught up in mimicking opinions and very hard to recognize that you are doing it.  Thats why I said "pro-actively". I don't think Ive ever been afraid to speak my mind or walk it alone but lately Ive just felt really drummed down.  My inspiration hasn't been affected so that is good but my faith in human kind reduces day to day.

I'm trying to cut down on a lot of different things.  I was successful at my weight loss and it wasn't the weight so much but the loss of muscle tone.  Its back and it has really shown me that if you really work hard almost at anything and do not give up because it gets hard and to not quit because you see results you will reach that goal.  Progression is the name of the game.  Maybe the goal is just the will to try?  Its the everydays that we do not notice.  We see the finish line but we skip the cups of water handed out during the race, we skip that the fall that hurt pretty bad but not bad enough to stop, we skip the journey that gets us to that goal.  What I am trying to control in my life at 27 now is being present and staying present.  Its okay to post your meal if you think it looks good or if you want to remember the place time and date that you ate it but you should not be so consumed to share you meal rather than enjoy your meal.  I use this example because everyone hates food pics so they say yet everyone does it L.O.L.  But staying present is very important.  I think I found this out more while training and working out.  You have to create a zone.  Our body is very adaptable and we are the controllers.  You have to be in control and stay in control.

You can take days off for just you and it is okay.  I have blocked out time (in my brain mostly) for which I set aside to zone out.  To be inspired.  To remember a joke that never fails.  To remember a moment in time that reflects an emotion you know you will always want.  To sing a song that makes me feel good on the inside.  To do a dance that makes me look good on the outside.  To be in LOVE.  The love part is the hardest for me because of my current situation but he helps me everyday and I never ever feel alone in the physical.  I think in all my past relationships, I was so alone in the physical I didn't even get time to realize what my brain was feeling.  Taking in moments are important.

At the end we will only remember how others made us feel...........

Comments

Popular Posts