So Long, Farewell.

And I made it here again.  It's getting so real out here that it is truly a blessing to see another year of life pass by.  This year started off weird as a result of all the crap that I endured in 2014.  By my birthday I was getting it all back though.  Relationships go through ups and downs but being with the man I've been with for years now, relationships are so different to me.  He is my closest friend and each year we grow closer I feel more nervous.  Marriage, future mansions, and fancy cars surfaced in a few conversations this year between us and all I can see are the clouds of ADULTHOOD slowly overcasting my sky.  We must all grow up one day I suppose.  That day isn't today for me :) In reality we are as old as we feel but societal pressures can get you down.  You most definitely need a tunnel vision mentality.

It's alright though.  Thoughts are safe.  Actions on the other hand are what make us really react.  2016, I have a different plan.  It's a financial plan of attack. California is getting closer to my reach and I began thinking ok, you get there and what's to say you don't just become complacent when you reach.  You have to set things up for yourself.  You must see level 4 before you even make it out of level 2.  Money is changing in my life.  It's funny how you can learn from ALL experiences if of course you open yourself up to the lessons.  My current day job has shown me the real ways of how money works.  I realized how behind my Black community is with this knowledge so Ive also used it as a way to educate my bros & sisters.  Money lol, I have more of it and I work less for it.  I just have to keep this up and my plan will become a great journey.  I really hate money though, I just need it.  I don't do anything I do for money but to be successful you need it.  I made the decision to promote myself as a writer/blogger more publicly than I had ever done before.  It is really just branding yourself so you can be marketed ($$$) to the right consumer.  It sort of blew up.  I've done wayy way more than I ever thought I would have done. The three highlights would be, Elite Daily 10K share, being added to Ashley Tisdale's The HauteMess, and landing the cover story interview with TY$ for College News Magazine.  I am good at my job to say the least but I work hard also.  There are more scrapped articles then live ones but you just keep pushing forward. My goal has always been on this indie level, EXPOSURE.  I even had a stint as a Radio host.  It isn't my cup of tea yet but it was dope experience. All of my clients and honestly everything I'm involved in, I do it mainly for exposure and it works.  I have more readers and I am growing a real following for myself.  None of these things are complicated for me, the business of entertainment comes as air to me.  Money is the last ingredient and that is what 2016 will focus on.

Content will set you free.  I'm virtually everywhere and my multitasking skills improve day after day.  I am focused and I love sharing creative ideas with, well, anyone who would listen honestly lol.  My snapchat (👻 TAHYIRA) has been my new craze media wise.  Watching yourself on video, takes your selfie game to a completely next level.  All jokes aside I've found this new release, like a new freedom.  I guess it's essentially the playback feature, watching yourself repeatedly in a 10 sec loop, a different kind of confidence is born.  I see myself as light for others.  Light is everything positive and good.  I also love the World and snapping with internationals, it's like you get a view point from all kinds of minds.  I'm inspired to revert back to my original blog which had become to annoy me in 2014, the year I was so uninspired I quit for like 2 weeks.  I want it to be different though and I've been stuck on this since October.  I had originally planned to relaunch on the anniversary of the blog's creation but I wasn't happy.  The plus side from being a contributing writer for other editors is that I see how things are done on the back end.  I learned about ads, like I really learned, it totally fried my brain but I see the financial aspect to blogging and producing online content.  There is always so much to do, creatively.

Personally, I feel good.  I don't think I've felt this good heading into a new year since college.  I love the woman I am becoming.  I love the entrepreneur and boss I am becoming.  Next year will be my fifth year as a CEO of two companies.  I am cemented.  I am sure of my future and year by year you get better and better at being who you are.  The things that used to make me angry don't but surely there are new things that do, lol.  It's cool, at least I'm learning through my situations.  There are a lot of fake people.  I am not one.  Many people write and many people have dreams but I only focus on the ones that matter to Tahyira.  I never feel like I'm competing but we all are. We are competing with the person we used to be versus the person we want to be.  We watch, we listen, and we speak.  I'm content with my purpose.  I'm excited to vote in a new President.  I am interested to see how all these major problems are resolved, if they are any resolutions at all.  I wish my dear friends the best out of life and I will (unwillingly at times) continue to be the example.  I take the high road while most take the petty low one.

We all have a purpose, find yours......

HAPPY NEW YEARS! xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts