A Title Change

My consultant company, The Red Eye Media Group, is going through business friendly changes.

First off, the idea came to me towards the end of 2015 when I began to feel extremely disappointed in what the company had become.  I wanted to focus initially just on creative entertainment based professionals but in all honesty I got bored.  More than bored I began sort of managing myself as a writer but not even under the company's name.  I write under my first company Tahyira Savanna Inc which is essentially a true extension of me and my personal brand so the writing career fits there.  But I thought, chick WTF are you doing right now? Lol.



The Red Eye is like my baby, separate from Tahyira, yet heavily influenced by my views and interests.  It's where I allow myself to stay creative but under a persona.  It's where my visions come alive.  I experiment which the clients and projects I take on.  I was able to curate a fashion show and numerous music based events.  I was able to co-manage an upcoming girl group, secured designers and styled them along with helping them get them press and media coverage.  I have earned enough press credentials through the company to cover NYFW, BKFW, and a lot of other social events.  I manage a comedian, I've managed a lyricists and even a personal trainer.  Another big sector of the company is non-profit.  The Red Eye is in place to assist on a consultant level to creatives and brands but it also very charitable.  Our fashion event was to promote research in Ovarian Cancer Research and event profits were shared.  Every holiday we hold either a food drive or toy drive.  We promote relief efforts such as the current water situation in Michigan and we live tweeted during the Hurricane Sandy aftermath as we were in Brooklyn, NY.



When I sit back and look at it all in the past 5 years, the company has done a lot and our social media presence is our best asset.  I'm not an "executive" at the company.  There is nothing really executive about anything we do.  It's all creative visions.  After attending the NY Business Network International meet up at Planet Hollywood a few weeks ago, I listened to professionals who are already successful in their industry speak about Visionary Officers and how the title fits more in certain industries over others.   It totally fit for my consultant company.  I made the switch publicly to Chief Visionary Officer.






The best part of being in charge is that you can do what you want.  Whatever happens in the end will be a reflection of you as the owner.  I have advisors and I listen to those that have attained success.

This is the best journey I've ever been on....yet.

Til we link again (Get it? Haha)

Tahyira S.

Comments

Popular Posts